Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nabella and her school brass band team at Malacca - Mahkota Parade.




Zheng Hua Primary School Brass Band performing at Mahkota Parade Shopping Centre in Malacca.




Nabella and her French Horn.


I was so proud of her. Never once in my life I saw my own kid performing in public. I missed her 1st public performance at the Singapore President's Istana on the first day of Hari Raya Puasa.

Its no big deal actually. But any parent will experience the same. Nabella is the most quietest among all, the baby of the house and yet she has shown some talent in her. My dad was a Pop Ye Ye singer during his heydays so mum was a bit skeptical and never allowed any one of of our siblings to follow dad's footstep. When I was active in the Committee organising Malay Talentime at Radin Mas Community Centre back in 1984-1986, mum was not really supportive but she did not stopped me too, as long we are not into singing and music.

So...when dad came to know Nabella joined Brass Band and can now even read simple musical notes, he was so proud of her. We used to say.."kuah tak tumpah kat nasi tapi terus ke pinggan..." he..he..citing an improvised old Malay proverb.

1 comments:

aNIe said...

Nora...memang terasa bangga sangat bila melihat sendiri anak kita beraksi megah di atas pentas...I miss the show...but l'm happy for you to...

Seronok dpt jumpa nora kat Mahkota hari tu...biarpun sekejap tapi bermakna...